Wish you all a very happy and fun filled New Year! I know I have been missing from the blog for sometime and keep saying I will be regular, but life got little busy and blogging took a back-step. With things settled down, I hope to blog regularly 😊 I'm starting this New Year with a healthy muffin recipe which I baked as part of the Bread Bakers. Our host Pavani of Cook's Hideout asked us to bake a healthy bread with or without yeast which can be using whole grains, no sugar, gluten-free etc.
I found this delicious and healthy muffin recipe in Ambitious Kitchen. This muffin is made with almond meal and flax seed meal and the good thing is there is no sugar, no butter and just 1 tablespoon of oil. I did little tweak and added some cacao powder and maple syrup as my bananas were not that sweet. The muffins were less sweeter, but the chocolate chunks added that extra sweetness. I used dark chocolate bar, but you can use one with less cocoa. Whether you are following a healthy diet or not, try these moist and soft muffins. I'm sure you and even kids will love it!
Notes and Tips
- Cacao powder is optional. You can substitute with cocoa powder.
- Maple syrup is optional. My bananas were not that sweet so I added maple syrup.
- Original recipe calls for apple cider vinegar.
#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on this home page.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient. If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Breads with Natural Sweeteners
- Amaranth Flatbread from Mayuri's Jikoni
- Beet Rye Bread from What Smells So Good?
- Blueberry Almond Bread from Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Brain Booster Pancakes from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Chocolate Banana Flax Almond Meal Muffins from Spill the Spices
- Grain-free Nutty Carrot Flatbread from A Baker's House
- Healthier Applesauce Spice Bread from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Healthy Whole Grain Bread from The Bread She Bakes
- Honey Almond Brioche from Kidsandchic
- Honey Oatmeal Bread from Food Lust People Love
- Honey Whole Grain Bread from Hostess At Heart
- Multigrain Pesto Swirl Bread from Herbivore Cucina
- Oatmeal Knackebrod (Oatmeal Crispbread) from Baking Sense
- Quick Whole Wheat Bread from Ambrosia
- Rugbrød from A Shaggy Dough Story
- Spiced Besani Paratha from Sneha's Recipe
- Sprouted Wheat Bread from Palatable Pastime
- Sweet Potato Loaf from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Sweet Potato Millet Bread from The Schizo Chef
- Ten Grain No Knead Bread from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Whole Wheat Brioche Buns from Gayathri's Cook Spot
- Whole Wheat Pineapple Quick Bread from Basic N Delicious
- Whole Wheat Carrot Apple Walnut Quickbread from A Salad For All Seasons
- Whole Wheat White Bean Bread from Cooks Hideout