For this month's Bread Bakers challenge, Cali's Cuisine choose the theme whole grains. We had to bake any yeast or chemically leavened bread keeping at least half of the grains whole. I chose whole wheat as the whole grain and made these quick and easy English breakfast muffins.
These whole wheat English muffins are just perfect to make for your weekend breakfast as they need only 20 minutes to rise and 15 minutes to bake. You can toast the muffins and slather with your favorite jam or butter, or serve with eggs. These whole wheat muffins are great for sandwiches too. Once the muffins are cooled, store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks!
Notes and Tips
- I used instant yeast, so I did not proof it. If you are using active dry yeast, add to warm milk and let it sit until frothy.
- The dough will be little sticky after kneading but do not add more flour. Generously flour the surface and cut out rounds.
#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on this home page.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient. If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to email@example.com.
Whole Grains themed #BreadBakers:
- Blueberry Banana Oat Bread from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Bublik - Russian Bagels from Sara's Tasty Buds
- Bulgur Wheat Bread from Food Lust People Love
- Cilantro and Garlic Oat Bread from Simply Veggies
- Corn Pizza on Multigrain Crust from Cook's Hideout
- Gluten Free Honey Oat Bread from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Kitchen Sink Bread from What Smells So Good?
- Multigrain Country Bread from La cocina de Aisha
- Potato Whole Wheat Dinner Rolls from Passion Kneaded
- Rosemary, Garlic, and Parsley Whole Wheat Bread from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Tomato and Rosemary Einkorn Focaccia Rounds from A Shaggy Dough Story
- Whole Grain Maple Oat Scones from Cali's Cuisine
- Whole Grain Oatmeal Blueberry Banana Bread from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Whole Grain Zucchini Macadamia Bread from The Schizo Chef
- Whole Wheat English Muffins from Spill the Spices
- Whole Wheat Date Nut Bread from Magnolia Days
- Whole Wheat Naan from Spiceroots