Boxes of ripe red strawberries are piled up in the vegetable market and supermarkets as they are in season now. Nutrient-rich and packed with fibers and antioxidants, strawberries provide a wide range of health benefits. Strawberries are an excellent source of Vitamin C which help in boosting immunity. Strawberries aid in regulating blood pressure and digestion, fighting cancer and cholesterol and are good for the eyes. So grab strawberries whenever you sight them.
This cool and refreshing milkshake with a hint of vanilla is a delightful way to enjoy these strawberries. Adding vanilla or strawberry ice cream makes the milkshake thick and creamy. For a low fat option, you can skip the ice cream and add more milk. Enjoy this milkshake chilled and immediately.
STRAWBERRY MILKSHAKE RECIPE
Strawberry - 10 to 12
Milk - 1.5 cup
Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
Vanilla / Strawberry ice cream - 1 scoop
Sugar - 2 tsp
1. Wash the strawberries and remove the leaves. Cut them into small pieces.
2. In a blender add strawberries, 1 cup milk, vanilla essence, sugar and blend until smooth.
3. Add rest of milk, strawberry ice cream and blend until thick and well combined. Pour into glass and serve immediately.
1. Adjust the amount of sugar according to your preference.
2. Choose strawberries which are ripe and sweet.