I love having toasts and sandwiches for breakfast along with a glass of fresh juice or smoothie. It can be made instantly and stuffed with healthy fillings of our choice. This chilli cheese toast is a quick one which can be had as a snack or along with some fruits and milk to make a complete breakfast.
Chilli cheese toast is an open sandwich topped with a mixture of cheese, veggies and chillies. Cheese is mixed together with onion, capsicum, coriander leaves and seasoned with pepper and salt. Fresh green chillies and red chilly flakes are added to for the heat. The bread slices are then baked in oven till crispy.
The toast is crispy and flavorful with melted cheese, crunchy capsicum, sweet onions and heat from the chillies. I have tried both the oven and stove top methods, so have explained both ways to prepare the toast. Serve hot with tomato ketchup and a cup of hot chocolate or a glass of smoothie or milkshake.
CHILLI CHEESE TOAST RECIPE
Bread slices - 3
Shredded cheese - 1/2 cup
Onion - 2 tbsp, finely chopped
Capsicum - 3 tbsp, finely chopped
Green chilly - 1, finely sliced
Garlic - 1, finely sliced (optional)
Coriander leaves - 1 tsp, finely chopped
Red chilly flakes - 1 tsp
Pepper - to taste
Salt - to taste
Butter - 2 tsp
1. In a bowl mix together cheese, onion, capsicum, green chilly, coriander leaves and red chilly flakes. Season with salt and pepper.
1. Lightly butter one side of the bread. Spread the cheese mixture on the other side and press the mixture gently.
2. Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Place the bread slices in a tray and bake for 8-10 minutes or until cheese melts and turns slightly golden.
1. Lightly butter both sides of the bread and toast it in a toaster or on tawa until its lightly golden.
2. Spread the cheese mixture on one side and keep on tawa on low flame. Cook until cheese melts.
1. If you want the cheese to just melt and less crunchy bread, then bake for 5-6 minutes.
2. I have used red and green color capsicum here. You can use any or all colors.