Mango is the reigning king in the summer season. There are numerous ways to use the raw and ripe mangoes available in this season - from pickles and curries to drinks and desserts, and much more.
Mango lassi, a variation to the popular Punjabi lassi, is one perfect way to enjoy mangoes. Juicy and ripe mangoes are blend with yogurt to make this lassi. Alphonso mangoes are the best for mango lassi as they are luscious, pulpy and very sweet. This refreshing lassi is perfect to beat the summer heat and makes a very filling drink too.
I love to have this lassi anytime of the season. If mangoes are not in season, you can make them with canned mango puree too. I have kept the flavors of this lassi simple, but if you wish you may add some cardamom to add in some extra flavor. Let's see how to make this delicious lassi in minutes!
Mango cubes - 2 cup
Yogurt - 2 cup
Water - 1/2 cup
Sugar - 2 tbsp
1. Pulse the mango and sugar in a blender. Add water and blend again to a smooth pulp.
2. Then add yogurt and blend well with the mango pulp for 2-3 minutes. Pour into glasses.
1. If you are using canned mango puree, add 1 cup puree instead of mango cubes.
2. You can add milk instead of water.
3. Adjust the quantity of sugar according to the sweetness of mangoes.