Imagine a chocolate cake under 5 minutes - sounds sinful and dangerous! But its okay in indulge in something sweet once in a while. Here's a quick and easy chocolate mug cake recipe that can satiate your instant cravings for chocolate. And if you have some surprise guests at home, impress them with this instant cake topped with some chocolate or caramel sauce or a scoop of ice cream.
Making a instant chocolate mug cake has been in my 'to-do' list for long time. For one reason or the other, it didn't happen until last week when I had a sudden craving for something chocolate-y. I set on a search for instant chocolate dessert recipes when I spotted this mug cake recipe in Sharmi's Passions. I decided its high time I give a try to this mug cake. Luckily, I had all ingredients and went ahead to make this instant cake. The cake turned out soft, moist and delicious.
Maida / All purpose flour - 3 tbsp
Unsweetened cocoa powder - 1.5 tbsp
Chocolate chips - 1 tbsp + few for garnish
Sugar - 3 tbsp
Baking soda - 1/8 tsp
Salt - 1/8 tsp
Oil - 3 tbsp
Milk - 3 tbsp
Vanilla Essence - 1/4 tsp
1. In a microwave safe mug add maida, cocoa powder, chocolate chips, sugar, salt and baking soda. Mix well using a whisk.
2. Add oil, milk and vanilla essence. Combine everything well making sure there are no lumps. The batter should be smooth.
3. Microwave uncovered on high power for 2 minutes. Remove from microwave and allow to cool.
Dig into the cake & enjoy!
Tips & Notes:
1. Oven timings may vary. Mine is 800 W microwave and the timings worked perfect for the cake.
2. In original recipe, microwave the cake at 600 W for 1 minute and then switch to highest power and microwave one more minute.
3. Use any neutral flavored oil. I used mildly flavored olive oil.