When it comes to Italian cuisine, the first thing that pops in my mind is pizza and pasta! Pasta can be put together quickly and is quite a satisfying and filling meal. You won't ever get bored of pasta as you have endless combinations to try with different varieties of pasta. Coming to today's recipe, the star ingredients are tomato and parsley. The tangy and sweet taste from tomatoes balanced well with the heat from the red chilly flakes and pepper powder. You can try this with other variety of pasta instead of penne. And if you don't have parsley, no problem, skip it and make a tomato penne pasta and enjoy!
Penne pasta - 200 gms
Onion - 1 small, finely chopped
Garlic - 2, finely chopped
Tomato - 2 large, diced
Parsley leaves - 1/4 cup, finely chopped
Red chilly flakes - 1 tsp
Crushed pepper powder - 1 tsp
Sugar - 1/2 tsp
Olive oil - 1 tbsp
Parmesan cheese - 2 tbsp, grated
Salt - to taste
1. Cook the pasta according to the instructions given in the packet. Drain and keep aside.
2. Heat oil and add onions. Fry till they become soft. Add garlic and fry again for 2 minutes.
3. Now add the chopped tomatoes and mix well. Cook uncovered till the tomatoes have become mushy and the sauce begins to thicken.
4. Now add parsley, red chilly flakes, pepper powder, salt and mix well. Add the cooked pasta and combine well. Garnish with cheese.
1. Use can use parsley flakes instead of fresh parsley.
2. You can puree the tomatoes instead of dicing them.