Energy bar with dates, chocolate, cocoa and nuts
The Groovy Gourmets, which was a closed group till now, is open to all from this season. Groovy gourmets are a group of wonderful bloggers who will cook each month with a particular theme from a certain blog or cookbook. This month's theme is Vegan and we have to cook from Roxana's Home Baking.
Roxana has a lovely space with lots of baked goodies. I choose this chocolate chip lara bars as its easy and no cooking is involved. The bars are really healthy as it got the goodness of dates and nuts. The bars were really yummy and all were over in no time!
Dried pitted dates - 2 cups
Unsweetened cocoa powder - 1/4 cup
Chocolate chips - 1/3 cup
Walnuts - 1/4 cup
Almonds - 1/4 cup
Salt - a small pinch
1. Line a small baking pan or tray with parchment paper.
2. Add the walnuts and almonds in a blender or food processor and grind into a coarse powder. Remove and pour the mixture into a bowl and set aside.
3. Now add the dates and grind until paste forms. Add the nuts, chocolate chips, cocoa, salt and grind everything till it is well combined.
4. Spread this mixture evenly into the lined pan. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or until set.
5. When set, carefully remove from the pan and transfer to a cutting board. Slice into your desired shape.
1. Store them in an airtight container and refrigerate.
2. The mixture should come together as a ball after grinding.
3. While grinding, give your blender rest every 2-3 minutes and blend.