I'm not a tea or coffee person. I'd rather prefer to have milkshake or smoothie than a cup of tea or coffee. Smoothies are a great way to get extra fruits into our diets and gives you more fiber and nutrients than juice does. Fruits smoothies can be an easy way to nourish your body with essential nutrients. Blending together different fruits with milk or yogurt is easier to enjoy than having them separately. Smoothies get you off to a good start in the morning as they are super energizing and refreshing.
Bananas are a favorite choice for smoothies recipes as they give creamy texture to the smoothie base and their flavor complements a variety of fruits such as strawberries, blueberries, apples and more. Moreover, apple and banana have numerous health benefits which makes this smoothie a perfect healthy breakfast choice! Or enjoy this smoothie on the warm summer days.
Apple - 1 medium
Banana - 1 medium
Cold milk - 1 cup
Yogurt - 2/3 cup
Sugar/Honey - 2 tsp
1. Peel the apple, remove the core and chop into small pieces. Peel and chop the banana.
2. In a blender add apple, banana, 1/2 cup milk, yogurt, sugar/honey and blend well to a smooth consistency.
3. Add the rest of the milk and blend again.
Check out Banana Milkshake and Mixed Fruit Smoothie.
1. If you want a thicker smoothie, then reduce the quantity of milk.
2. Use plain non-fat yogurt as base for smoothies. Greek yogurt will result in a thicker smoothie.