Pasta and vegetables cooked in a tomato and cheese sauce seasoned with Italian herbs and red chilly flakes.
Second Blog Hop Wednesday!! After the first blog hop, I was eagerly waiting for the next. This time I am paired with Kalyani of Sizzling Tastebuds. I have been following Kalyani's blog for quite sometime and was excited to be paired with her. Her blog has an amazing collection of recipes and I had a tough time deciding which recipe to choose from her blog. This time I thought of choosing something different from the usual stuff I have already posted in my blog. I finally settled on the Cheesy Veg Pasta.
Pasta – 1 cup
Onion – 1 big, sliced
Garlic – 4 pods, finely chopped
Capsicum – 1/2 cup, sliced
Tomatoes – 4 big
Green beans – 1/2 cup
Carrots – 1/2 cup
Cheese – 1 cup, grated
Mixed dried herbs - 1 tsp
Red chilly flakes – 1 tsp
Olive oil – 2 tbsp
Salt – to taste
1. Cut carrot and beans into 2 inch thin strips and boil in salted water for 10 minutes.
2. Cook the pasta according to the instructions given in the packet. Blanch the tomatoes and puree them.
3. Heat a wok or pan and add olive oil. Add garlic and fry for a minute. Then add onions, capsicum and fry till onions turn pink.
4. Add the tomato puree, boiled vegetables, salt and mix well.
5. Now add the cooked pasta, grated cheese and mix on a low flame.
6. Add the dried herbs, red chilly flakes and stir. Garnish with grated cheese.