For this month's Bread Bakers, our host Deepthi of Baking Yummies suggested to bake yeasted or quick, sweet or savory rolls. I loved the Iyengar Bakery style khara buns that I had tried few months back. So I was looking for a similar kind of Indian inspired rolls, and saw this stuffed masala buns in Rak's Kitchen. These buns are similar to the ones we get in Iyengar bakery. The buns are so easy and quick to make. They taste really good with a cup of tea. If you want to join this wonderful bread baking group, scroll to the end of the post for more details. Off to the recipe.
Notes and Tips
- If using active dry yeast, add yeast to milk-water mixture and let sit for 10 minutes or until yeast is foamy.
- Add more water if required to form the dough. The dough should be soft and non-sticky. Add little flour and knead well if sticky.
- You can prepare the stuffing with your choice of vegetables and adjust spices accordingly.
#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on this home page.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient. If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Quick or Yeasted, Sweet or Savory Rolls:
- Anadama Rolls from Passion Kneaded
- Bulochki (Russian Sweet Yeast Rolls) from Mayuri's Jikoni
- Cinnamon Rolls from Bakingyummies
- Crescent Rolls from Sara's Tasty Buds
- Feta Olive Knots from Food Lust People Love
- Flax Oat Wheat Dinner Rolls from Cook's Hideout
- Einkorn Parmesan and Garlic Rolls from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Gluten Free Cinnamon Rolls from A Baker's House
- Hokkaido Milk Rolls from Baking in Pyjamas
- Kahvalti – Turkish-style Breakfast Buns from A Shaggy Dough Story
- Masala Bread Rolls from Sneha's Recipes
- Mini Cheddar Bialys from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Oatmeal Dinner Rolls from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pesto Rolls from Veg Nation
- Raspberry Sweet Rolls from Kylee Cooks
- Savory Cheddar Rolls from Magnolia Days
- Stuffed Vegatable Masala Buns from Spill the Spices
- Twisted Knotted Mint Garlic Rolls from Gayathri's Cook Spot
- Wholewheat Low Fat Stuffed Cinnamon Rolls from Sizzling Tastebuds