For this month's Bread Bakers, Wendy of A Day in the Life on the Farm suggested fall breads as the theme. We have to bake any hearty bread that reminds us of the fall. Pumpkins were the first thing that came to mind and I decided to make a quick bread with pumpkin. Unfortunately it did not come well, so that at the last minute I decided to make these savory scones.
The combination of apple with sage and cheddar was lovely. You really don't need anything extra to serve along these scones. Store them in an airtight container and warm them before serving. If you love bread baking and want to be part of this wonderful group, go through the details at the end of the post.
Notes and Tips
- Make sure the butter is cold, otherwise it will be difficult to grate. You can also chop them into small pieces instead of grating.
- The dough will be slightly sticky, but do not add more flour. Also do not overwork the dough which will make the scones hard.
#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on this home page.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient. If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Let's take a look at the other Fall Flavors being shared today
- Apple Crumb Quick Bread from Food Lust People Love
- Apple Raisin Bread from A Shaggy Dough Story
- Browned Butter Semolina Pumpkin Bread from Sizzling Tastebuds
- Buttermilk Wheat Bread from Magnolia Days
- Eggless Apple Sage Cheddar Scones from Spill the Spices
- Fall Harvest Bread from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Fig Focaccia from My Catholic Kitchen
- Harvest Grains Bread from Hostess At Heart
- Mr. Potato Bread from What Smells So Good?
- Multigrain Bread With Seeds from Sneha's Recipe
- Pumpkin and Apple Cornmeal Griddle Cakes from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pumpkin Bread from la cocina de Aisha
- Pumpkin Breadfrom Sara's Tasty Buds
- Pumpkin Bread Rolls from SpiceRoots
- Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Rolls from Recipes, Food and Cooking
- Pumpkin Dinner Rolls with Cinnamon Butter from Bread Therapy
- Pumpkin, Poppy & Papaya Seeded Breadsticks from G'Gina's Kitchenette
- Pumpkin Raisin Bagels from Cook's Hideout
- Pumpkin Saffron Yeast Biscuits from The Schizo Chef
- Pumpkin Scones from A Baker's House
- Pumpkin Sourdough Bread from Passion Kneaded
- Schiacciata Con L'uva (Tuscan Style Grape, Olive and Goat Cheese Focaccia) from Ruchik Randhap
- Sesame Seeded Semolina Bread from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Spicy Pumpkin Yeast Bread from Mayuri’s Jikoni