For this month's Bread Bakers, our host Pavani of Cook's Hideout suggested summer produce as the theme. We had to make breads using fresh summer fruits or vegetables or herbs from our garden or from the farmers market. If you love bread baking and want to be part of this wonderful group, go through the details at the end of the post. Since the choices were endless, I was in quite a dilemma finalizing a recipe and at the end decided to make dinner rolls using the rosemary from my little herb garden.
These dinner rolls flavored with fresh rosemary and garlic are perfect to go with your soup or curry. Or you can slather some butter on the warm rolls and enjoy. I followed the dinner rolls recipe from here and topping from The Pioneer Woman. The rolls turned out soft and fluffy with a wonderful salty and garlicky crust. I already made these rolls twice and each time they turned out super delicious. Let's see how to make these eggless savory rosemary and garlic dinner rolls.
Notes and Tips
- If using active dry yeast, sprinkle the yeast over lukewarm water and let it sit until frothy. Add rest of the ingredients and make dough.
- The topping is optional. You can simply brush the top of rolls with melted butter.
- You can use vegetable oil or canola oil instead of olive oil.
#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on this home page.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient. If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to email@example.com.
Breads using Summer Bounty:
- Almond and Carrot Biscuits from Basic N Delicious
- Cheddar Mielie Bread with Sun-Dried Tomatoes from Food Lust People Love
- Cherry Bread Pudding from Bakers and Best
- Eggless Rosemary Garlic Dinner Rolls from Spill the Spices
- Garden Herb Focaccia from My Catholic Kitchen
- Herb and Cheese Biscuits from Gayathri's Cook Spot
- Herb and Cheese Grissini from A Shaggy Dough Story
- Herbed Butterflaps from Sneha's Recipe
- Herbs, Spinach and Cheese Bourekas from Cooking Club
- Jalapeño Summer Squash Quick Bread from Magnolia Days
- Mango Kolache from Mayuri's Jikoni
- Peach & Blueberry Meringue Pull Apart Bread from Passion Kneaded
- Peach Pull-Apart Bread from Recipes, Food and Cooking
- Peaches and Cream Bread from Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Pizza Cipolla - Onion Pizza from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Rosemary and Garlic Fougasse from Spice Roots
- Rosemary Breadsticks from A Baker's House
- Spinach Semolina Bread from The Schizo Chef
- Studded Zucchini Yeast Bread from What Smells So Good?
- Sundried Tomato Focaccia with Sauteed Summer Veggies & Garden Salad from Sizzling Tastebuds
- Tomato, Onion, Parmesan Focaccia from Noshing With The Nolands
- Walnut Oat Crumble Courgette Bread from Baking in Pyjamas
- Wholewheat Onion, Spinach & Red Pepper Bread from Hostess At Heart
- Wholewheat Zucchini Bread from Cook's Hideout
- Zucchini Oatmeal Bread from Cali's Cuisine
- Zucchini/Jalapeño/Cheese Corn Muffins from A Day in the Life on the Farm