Pesto is a sauce originated from Italy, commonly used in pasta. It is made of basil, garlic, pine nuts blended with olive oil and Parmesan cheese.The ingredients in a traditionally made pesto are ground with a pestle and mortar. Apart from the classic basil pesto, there are many other various pestos. Walnuts and almonds can also be used instead of pine nuts.
You would definitely fall in love with the flavors of this sun-dried tomato pesto. It has become one of my absolute favorite pesto sauce. This versatile pesto can be used in pasta or as a spread for sandwiches and breads. The pesto can be stored in an airtight container and will last up to one week. Stay tuned for a delicious pasta recipe with this flavorful pesto!
SUN-DRIED TOMATO PESTO RECIPE
Sun-dried tomatoes - 1 cup
Basil leaves - 1/2 cup, tightly packed
Garlic - 2
Walnuts - 1/3 cup
Olive oil - 1/4 cup
Parmesan cheese - 1/3 cup, grated
Pepper powder - 1/4 tsp
Salt - to taste
1. In a food processor add the garlic, basil leaves, walnuts and process until finely chopped.
2. Add sun- dried tomatoes, olive oil and process until smooth.
3. Transfer the pesto a bowl and add cheese, pepper and salt. Combine well.
1. You can use pine nuts instead of walnuts.
2. You can add few teaspoons of water while grinding if necessary.