Be it a pulao or biriyani, a raita is essential to make it a complete meal. This boondi raita is a simple and quick raita that goes well with your pulao, biriyani, paratha or any spicy curry. For making this raita, boondis - which are tiny fried balls made of gram flour and spices, are added to a beaten mixture of yogurt and spices. Some love their boondi raita to be crunchy, so serve immediately after adding the boondi to the yogurt. But if like softer boondis, let the boondis soak in the yogurt and spices for sometime. In case the boondis are oily, soak them in hot water for 5 minutes, then squeeze well and add to the yogurt. Serve with paratha and pulao/briryani.
BOONDI RAITA RECIPE
Boondi - 1/2 cup
Thick yogurt / curd - 1 cup
Roasted cumin powder - 1/2 tsp
Red chilly powder - 1/4 tsp
Chaat masala - 1/8 tsp
Coriander leaves - 2 tsp, finely chopped
Salt - to taste
1. Take the yogurt in a bowl and whisk well.
2. Add cumin powder, red chilly powder, chaat masala, coriander leaves, salt and whisk well.
3. Add boondi to the yogurt mixture and mix well. For softer boondis, set aside for 10 minutes and serve.
1. Use thick and yogurt like Greek yogurt. Make sure yogurt is not sour.
2. Use plain boondi or khara boondi.