Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. So starting the day with a good and healthy breakfast is essential to keep your energy levels up and help lift your mood throughout the day. With so many breakfast options open to us these days, skipping breakfast is no excuse. What better way to start your day than with a nutritious and filling smoothie to keep you going until your lunch.. You can use whatever fruits and vegetables are in season and try out different combinations with water, milk, fruit juice or low-fat yogurt. Get antioxidants, protein, vitamins and much more from a single glass.
We think of oranges for vitamin C, but we should actually think of kiwifruit as there is twice as much vitamin C in kiwifruit as there are in oranges! Kiwifruit is a powerhouse of vitamins,minerals and anti-oxidants. I paired up kiwi with mango, banana and apple juice to whip up this creamy, thick and delicious smoothie. The tartness from the kiwi is balanced with the mango and banana while the apple juice gives it a delicious extra kick. Enjoy this filling and healthy breakfast smoothie with toast or sandwich.
KIWI MANGO SMOOTHIE RECIPE
Kiwi - 2
Mango pulp - 1 cup
Banana - 1, medium size
Apple juice - 1/2 cup
1. Peel the skin of kiwi and slice them. Cut banana into small pieces.
2. Add all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
1. Make sure the kiwi is ripe. It should slightly give in when pressed.
2. The smoothie was sweet enough so I haven't added sugar. If you want more sweetness, add in some sugar or honey.
3. For a tangy taste, use orange juice instead of apple juice.