Simple grilled sandwich with tomato and cheese.
Sometimes we get bored of the everyday dosa, idli and upma or the oats and cornflakes for breakfast. On those days, sandwiches are an alternative. Make hearty and healthy sandwiches and serve with a glass of juice or milk for a filling breakfast. Sandwiches make a good lunch box option too. Have it with a fruit for a complete meal.
Tomato and cheese make a delicious combination. The juicy acidity of the tomato pairs well with cheese. Oregano gives a good flavor to tomato and cheese. You can even use mixed herbs instead of oregano. This serves for two people.
Bread slices - 4
Tomato - 1 big
Cheese slices - 4
Mayonnaise - 2 tsp
Oregano - 1 tsp
Salt - to taste
Pepper - to taste
Butter - 1 to 2 tsp
1. Cut the tomato into thick slices and season with salt and pepper.
2. Cut the edges of the bread and spread mayonnaise on one side of each bread.
3. Keep a cheese slice on top of this and place 2 slices of tomato.
4. Sprinkle oregano on the tomato, keep another slice of cheese and cover with bread slice.
5. Spread butter on the outside of the bread.
6. Grill on a heated tawa or griddle for 2-3 minutes on each side till cheese is melted and bread turns golden brown.