Sweet dish prepared from carrots and milk, garnished with cashew-nuts and pistachios.
Love is in the air! And the perfect way to celebrate is with a sweet dish and enjoy with your loved ones. Let's celebrate this Valentines Day with this tasty and nutritious carrot halwa.
Recipe is simple - 'Grate carrots, add milk just enough to immerse the carrots, cook the carrots in the milk and then add sugar, cardamom powder and cashew-nuts'. Sounds simple isn't it? Making this halwa involves two laborious steps. One is grating the carrots, lucky if you have a food processor which will reduce lot of time. And second is stirring continuously till the milk is completely evaporated. Here you have no choice to escape than keep stirring it! But the end is fruitful - you get a delicious and yummy halwa!
Carrots - 3½ cup, grated
Milk - 3 cup
Sugar - 1 cup
Cardamom powder - 1 tsp
Ghee - 3 tbsp
Cashewnuts - 5 to 6, broken into small pieces
Pistachio - to garnish (optional)
1. Heat 2 tbsp ghee in a non-stick pan. Fry the cashew-nuts till golden. Remove and keep aside.
2. To the same pan, add the grated carrots and fry for 2-3 minutes.
3. Then add the milk and bring to boil. Once it starts to boil, reduce the flame to medium and stir continuously till the milk is evaporated.
4. Add sugar and combine well.
5. Once the sugar has completely dissolved, add the cardamom powder, fried cashew-nuts, remaining ghee and cook till it leaves the sides of the pan.
1. Use a heavy bottomed non stick pan.
2. Use full fat milk to enhance the flavor of halwa.