December being the festive month, Priya of Cook Like Priya has suggested wonderful Christmas bakes from around the world for this month's Home Bakers Challenge, a baking group started by Priya of Priya's Versatile Recipes. She suggested an array of cookies, cakes and breads to choose from. I chose to make these cute snowmen cookies.
These melt in mouth snow man cookies are perfect for the season. The dough is quite easy to make, but making the snowmen shape needs lots of patience! My cookies have not come out perfect due to my impatience but loved the taste of these buttery cookies.
EGGLESS SNOWMEN BUTTER COOKIES RECIPE
Recipe Source ~ Taste of Home
1 cup butter, softened
½ cup sugar
1 tsp water
¼ tsp almond extract
2 ½ cup all-purpose flour
Red and green food coloring liquid or paste
Black and red jimmies or sprinkles
1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in water and almond extract.
2. Gradually beat in flour and mix well. Place 1/3 cup each in two small bowls. Add red food coloring to one and green to the other and set aside.
3. Preheat the oven to 180 C / 350 F.
4. Shape remaining dough into twelve 1-inch balls and twelve 1 ½-inch balls. Place one smaller ball above one larger ball on baking sheets or tray and flatten slightly.
5. For each snowman, shape 2 teaspoons of colored dough into a hat and place above head.
6. For scarf, shape 1/4 teaspoon of each color into a 3-inch rope and twist ropes together, leaving one end untwisted. Place scarf around snowman's neck.
7. Insert jimmies for eyes and nose. Bake at 180 C / 350 F for 15-18 minutes or until set. Cool on wire rack.