A yummy and chocolaty barfi with the sweetness of condensed milk and the nuttiness of almonds, cashew & pistas.
This is a special post , as this marks my first Blog Hop Wednesday , an event started by Radhika of Tickling Palates. For my first blog hop , I have been paired with Archana of The Mad Scientist's Kitchen. Archana's blog has a variety of recipes right from exclusive Goan recipes to simple everyday recipes. I wanted to begin my journey of blog hopping on a sweet note and being a chocolate lover , I choose to make Milkmaid Chocolate Barfi from Archana's blog for the Blog Hop Wednesdays ~ Week 16.
Butter - 50 grams
Milkmaid/Condensed milk - 1 tin/400 g
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Cocoa powder - 1/2 cup
Chopped nuts - 1/2 cup
Chopped pista - for garnish
Note: For chopped nuts, I have used almonds and cashew.
Original recipe called for 3/4 cup of sugar, I have reduced to 1/2 cup.
1. Grease a tray with butter and keep aside.
2. Mix together butter, milkmaid, sugar, cocoa powder and chopped nuts in a thick bottomed pan. Keep stirring the mixture continuously on low flame, till the mixture leaves the sides of the pan.
3. Pour the mixture into the greased tray and spread it evenly. Sprinkle the chopped pista over the surface of the mixture.
4. Set aside and allow the mixture to cool. Refrigerate for about 10 to 15 minutes. Then cut out into desired shapes.
As Archana mentioned , it was bit difficult to cut these barfi's as they sticked to the tray. Refrigerating the barfi helped me a little bit to cut them into so called 'square pieces'. But I guess shapes don't matter as long it tastes good. And what a pleasure it was to lick off the chocolate from the fingers !!!
- Blog Hop Wednesdays ~ Week 16
- "Only" Snacks And Starters by Raji of Vegetarian Tastebuds and Pari of Foodelicious