Cauliflower seasoned with spices and cooked in onion-tomato and coriander leaves gravy . The ripe tomatoes gives it a tangy and sweet flavor. Serve this mildly spicy - tangy curry with chapathi.
Cauliflower - 1 medium
Onion - 2 medium, finely chopped
Tomato - 3 medium, finely chopped
Green chilly - 1 big, finely chopped
Ginger-garlic paste - 1 ½ tsp
Cumin powder - 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder - 3 tsp
Red chilly powder - 1 tsp
Garam masala - 2 tsp
Curd - 1/4 cup
Sugar - 1 tsp
Jeera/Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Fennel seeds - 1/2 tsp
Coriander leaves - 2 tbsp
Oil - 1 tbsp
Salt - to taste
1. Cut the cauliflower into florets. Put in hot water with a pinch of turmeric powder and salt for 15 minutes. Drain and rinse the florets and keep aside.
2. Heat oil. Add jeera and fennel seeds. When they splutter, add onions, ginger garlic paste and green chillies. Fry till onions are golden.
3. Add tomatoes and cook till the tomatoes become mushy and oil separates.
4. Add cumin powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chilly powder, garam masala and sugar. Mix well and fry till the raw smell of the masala goes.
5. Add 1/2 cup water, cauliflower florets, coriander leaves, salt and mix well. Cover and cook till cauliflower becomes tender and soft, stirring in between.
6. Once the cauliflower is cooked, simmer till the gravy thickens a little. Add whisked curd and stir for 4-5 minutes. Garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve hot with chapathi.