Potatoes, cauliflower and capsicum cooked in a rich gravy with cashewnuts and fresh cream, seasoned with kasuri methi/dried fenugreek leaves.
Potato - 2 large, half-boiled & cut into big cubes
Cauliflower - 3 cups, cut into medium florets
Capsicum - 1 big, cut into medium dices
Onion - 2 large, finely chopped
Tomato - 3 medium, pureed
Cashewnuts - 10 to 12
Fresh cream - 1/2 cup
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder - 3 tsp
Red chilly powder - 1 1/2 tsp
Pav bhaji masala - 1 tsp
Tomato ketchup/sauce - 1 tsp
Kasuri methi - 1 1/2 tbsp
Jeera/Cumin powder - 1 tsp
Butter - 1 tbsp
Oil - 1 tbsp
Salt - to taste
Coriander leaves - to garnish
1. Soak the cashewnuts in warm water and grind to a smooth paste. Put the cauliflower florets in boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
2. Heat butter and oil and add jeera. When it pops, add onions, little salt and mix well. Fry till onions turn golden in color.
3. Then add the pureed tomatoes, cashew paste and mix well. Fry for 3-4 minutes. Then add turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chilly powder and mix well. Fry again for 3-4 minutes.
4. Add the cauliflower florets, potatoes, capsicum and mix well. Add 1 cup water, salt and close lid and cook till the vegetables have softened.
5. Add pav bhaji masala, tomato ketchup and fry for 2-3 minutes. Then add fresh cream, kasuri methi and combine well. Stir-fry for 1-2 minutes and garnish with coriander leaves.