A tangy curry with cauliflower cooked in a tomato gravy.
Cauliflower - 1 medium
Onion - 1 medium, finely chopped
Tomato - 4 medium, finely chopped
Green chilly - 1, finely chopped
Ginger-garlic paste - 1 tsp
Cumin powder - 1/4 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder - 3 tsp
Red chilly powder - 1 1/2 tsp
Pav bhaji masala - 2 tsp
Garam masala - 1/2 tsp
Sugar - 1 tsp
Jeera/Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Ajwain - 1/4 tsp
Fennel seeds - 1/4 tsp
Coriander leaves - 1/4 cup
Oil - 3 tbsp
Salt - to taste
1. Cut the cauliflower into florets. Put in hot water with a pinch of turmeric powder for around 10-15 minutes. Drain and rinse the florets and keep aside.
2. Heat oil. Add jeera, ajwain and fennel seeds. When they splutter, add onions, ginger garlic paste and green chillies. Fry till onions are golden.
3. Add tomatoes, 1/2 cup water and fry till the tomatoes become soft and oil separates.
4. Add cumin powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, pav bhaji masala, red chilly powder, garam masala and salt. Mix well and fry for 5-6 minutes.
5. Add the cauliflower florets and mix well. Cover and cook till cauliflower becomes tender and soft. Stir occasionally.
6. Add sugar and mix well. Simmer for 4-5 minutes. Add the coriander leaves and simmer for 2 minutes.
Serve hot with chapathi.