For this month's Bread Bakers, our host Mayuri of Mayuri's Jikoni chose natural sweeteners as the theme. We had to bake using natural sweeteners like maple syrup, honey, molasses, dates, banana puree, coconut sugar, stevia, palm jaggery etc instead of refined sugar, high fructose corn syrup and artificial sweeteners. I have never tried before any baked goodies with natural sweeteners, so I'm glad Mayuri chose this theme and I was excited about trying a guilt-free bake. If you love baking bread and want to join this wonderful bread baking group, scroll to the end of the post for further details.
Coming to the recipe, I chose a simple eggless muffins made with wholewheat, oats, almonds, chia seeds sweetened with pure maple syrup and bananas. Though I don't mind eggs in a bake, I wanted to try replacing with chia seeds. I used the whole chia seeds and it gave a nice little crunch to the muffins. We often find that wholewheat bakes turn out bit dense, but surprisingly these muffins were so moist and dense. The muffin batter might look slightly thinner, but do not add more flour! You can substitute almonds with any nuts of your choice. Try these no-sugar no-butter healthy and nutrient packed muffins and let me know how you like it.
Notes and Tips
- You can use coconut oil or any neutral or light flavored oil instead of olive oil.
- Use any nuts of your choice instead of almonds.
#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on this home page.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient. If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to email@example.com.
Breads with Natural Sweeteners
- Blackberries and Honey Bread by Kidsandchic
- Cheddar Honey Flowers by Ambrosia
- Date and Chai Muffins by Mayuri's Jikoni
- Cider Honey Quick Loaf by Food Lust People Love
- Date Sweetened Banana Bread by Herbivore Cucina
- Eggless Banana Chocochip Bread with Cranberries and Coconut Sugar by Sizzling Tastebuds
- Eggless Carrot Coconut Quick Bread by Gayathri's Cook Spot
- Eggless Wholewheat Maple Banana Oat Muffins by Spill the Spices
- Einkorn Drop Biscuits with Peaches and Blueberries by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- English Granary-Style No Knead Bread by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Grape Bread by The Bread She Bakes
- Healthy Banana & Blueberry Bread by Baking in Pyjamas
- Honey Almond Banana Muffins by Baking Yummies
- Honey Cornbread by Magnolia Days
- Honey Oat Pain de Mie by Hostess At Heart
- Honey Pineapple Pull-Apart Rolls by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Jackfruit Honey Bread by The Schizo Chef
- Jackfruit Semolina Muffins with Jaggery by My Cooking Journey
- Mangalore Buns by Sneha's Recipe
- Maple Bacon Cheddar & Pickle Pull-Apart Bread by A Shaggy Dough Story
- Maple Pecan Scones by Cook's Hideout
- Maple Oatmeal Bread by A Baker's House
- Pain au Levain avec Banane by What Smells So Good?
- Tangerine Honey White Bread by A Day in the Life on the Farm